What is Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic acid is a type of Beta-hydroxy acid that is celebrated due to its enormous skin benefits. Its anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties make it essential to be incorporated into a daily skincare routine for flawless skin. It also has the ability to penetrate the skin, exfoliate the outer layer and remove the dead skin cells that unclog pores and give out clearer skin.
Salicylic acid has proven to be a transformative skincare product that effectively does what it claims.
How Does Salicylic Acid Work In Skincare?
To understand how salicylic acid works in skincare, we will take the products made with this holy grail ingredient and find out what difference it makes to the skin:
- Salicylic Acid BHA-2% Encapsulated: With the double encapsulation technology this salicylic acid penetrates deeper and fights skin concerns like blackheads, whiteheads, and acne and regulates sebum production.
- BHA-2% Salicylic Acid Face Cleanser: This face cleanser removes all the dirt and impurities along with the excess oil in the pores leaving refreshed and smooth skin.
- FC-1 Basic Face Cleanser for Oily Skin: Formulated to suit the oily skin type, this salicylic face cleanser along with the blend of Hyaluronic acid and glycolic acid is all an oily skin needs to breathe and look radiant.
- FC-3 Exfoliating Face Cleanser: Infused with AHA, BHA, and PHA exfoliators this face cleanser hydrates and revitalizes the skin.
- ABP-33% Strong Exfoliating Peeling Solution: This strong exfoliator contains all three types of hydroxy acid and is an ultimate chemical exfoliator that cleanses the skin, removes dead skin cells and regulates sebum production.
- ABP-22% Weekly Exfoliating Peeling Solution: This is a beginner-friendly chemical exfoliation that effectively cleanses the skin throughout and accelerates cell turnover.
ABP-11% Gentle Exfoliating Peeling Solution: A gentle exfoliating peeling solution that boosts collagen, sheds off dead skin cells and makes the peeling process seamless with no signs of redness or irritation.
6 Amazing Benefits of Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid benefits are countless and adding it to your skincare can do wonders for your skin. Here’s how it works:
- Exfoliator: The ability of salicylic acid to penetrate skin and exfoliate the outer layer results in the quick shedding of the dead skin cells.
- Unclogged Pores: Once the dead skin cells are shredded, the pores get unclogged and clean.
- Oil-Free Skin: Salicylic acid removes excess oil, dirt and impurities from the pores, regulating the sebum level.
- Acne-Free Skin: Since the salicylic acid doesn't let the impurities and excess oil stay in the pores, acne or breakouts are unlikely to happen.
- Anti-Inflammation: It has anti-inflammatory properties that help swollen and inflamed skin around the pimple to reduce to its normal size.
- Non-irritant: One of the Salicylic acid skin benefits is its soothing property that calms the skin and treats any sort of irritation like redness, dryness etc.
In order to achieve skin goals you need to have a skincare routine that delivers the required and mandatory nourishment to your skin to look healthy in and out. Incorporating skincare products like salicylic acid can be a total game changer for your skin as it can address some of the most common and recurring skin conditions. You should begin by figuring out your skin type and then use products that are suitable for your skin. Salicylic acid is a holy grail skincare product for people with normal and oily skin types due to its exfoliating and other properties.
Q. Is it OK to use salicylic acid every day?
A: Yes, it is absolutely okay to use salicylic acid everyday because of the amazing benefits it delivers to the skin such as removal of dead skin cells and exfoliating the outer layer of the skin.
Q. Can I use 2% salicylic acid serum every day?
A: Yes, salicylic acid is a BHA that can be used every day to avoid many skin concerns such as acne and clogged pores. It helps calm the skin and its regular usage gives good skin.
Q. What to apply after salicylic acid on the face?
A: Once you apply salicylic acid on your face you can follow it with the other steps like toning, moisturizing and applying sunscreen.
Q. Who should not use salicylic acid?
A: There are various Salicylic acid benefits for the face but it can not yield the same results for everyone. If you fall into any of the following categories, you should probably stop using it:
- If you have highly sensitive or dry skin.
- If you suffer skin reactions like peeling, burning, or reddened skin.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult your doctor before using.
Q. What to avoid with salicylic acid?
A: Retinol or Retinoids should not be used with salicylic acid because both of these skincare products are in their potent form that can cause over-exfoliation resulting in dryness, irritation and skin sensitivity.