The jack of all trades and master of? “ALL OF THEM”! Niacinamide is “the holy grail” solution to almost every skin concern and users can’t stop talking about it. But why and how? I’ll tell you!
Niacinamide is a type of Vitamin B-3 that is now present in every other skincare product owing to its exceptional benefits. For example, if you have oily skin, it helps with the sebum or sensitive skin that is most of the time RED and irritated, it calms it down, or for skin with pigmentation or dark spots, it fades them away. A superhero product when used with appropriate and recommended usage of 5% or less works wonders for the skin.
People are losing their mind over this superhero of ingredients and is super hyped in the skincare industry for obvious reasons. Here are some of the niacinamide skin benefits:
- It helps with acne scars and breakouts.
- It boosts collagen production enhancing skin elasticity.
- It helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and pigmentation.
- It helps with irritated skin and inflammation.
- It keeps the skin hydrated by locking in the moisture.
- It has anti-ageing properties and helps with wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin.
- It also enhances the texture of the skin by reducing the appearance of large pores.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is not a new ingredient, however, it has received its well-deserved hype of late. It is a type of Vitamin B-3 a water-soluble vitamin that penetrates the top skin layer and delivers its properties. It works well with all skin types and products. Here’s how niacinamide used for skin helps it transform magically:
- It acts as an antioxidant that helps with any radical damage like inflammation.
- It hinders melanin production that reduces the pigmentation on the skin.
- It acts as a moisturizer by inhibiting epidermal water loss and locking in moisture.
- It acts as an anti-ageing ingredient by boosting collagen production.
- It controls and decreases oil production sebum production leading to fewer breakouts and acne.
- It has proven to be effective with UV-Induced damage, therefore preventing the risk of skin cancer.
- It is a gentle and stable ingredient that can be combined or layered with other skin care products such as retinol and vitamin C.
- It also acts as a skin barrier, reducing the impact of environmental damage.
10 Vitamin B3 Benefits For Skin
Vitamin B3 or Niacinamide is a versatile water-soluble vitamin and is used topically for various skin conditions or to maintain healthy skin. Here are a few more vitamin B3 benefits for the skin:
- It has a sabo-regulatory factor that decreases oil production.
- It prevents breakouts and helps fight acne scars.
- It also has a photo proactive effect that helps with the damage caused by UV rays.
- It has a lot of anti-inflammatory properties.
- When mixed with other products it enhances the respective benefits.
- It reduces melanin production and evens out the skin tone.
- It minimizes fine lines and wrinkles by boosting collagen production.
How to Incorporate Niacinamide into Your Skincare Routine
This is the best part of the blog because if you have made it this far, you are intending to go for this superhero I am equally excited to share how you can go about it and would also love your comment down below after your “2 weeks of incorporating niacinamide into your skincare routine.”
A Niacinamide Serum: This is the simplest way of bringing in the niacinamide uses in your skincare routine. All you need to buy is a serum that has a slightly greater concentration of niacinamide of about 5 to 10%.
Apply it twice daily, in the morning and at night.
- Mixed Benefits: Another way of adding it is to invest in skincare products having niacinamide in them and there’s a lot. You don’t need to look for different ones. For example, you can be cautious when you get regular products for skin like sunscreen serum, face cleanser or face moisturizer. Just make sure the ingredients include niacinamide.
Layering Solution: While you layer your skin with the products you are already using, apply the niacinamide right after cleansing the face. Being a water-soluble vitamin it will further enhance the penetration of other products into the skin.
Niacinamide or niacinamide acid benefits for the skin are countless. Its potent and stable properties make it the best ingredient to incorporate into your skincare routine. Unlike other ingredients, niacinamide can be layered with any solution or serum. It can also be used twice daily to enhance healthy skin and reap its benefits. It stands out as the best ingredient because it works well with all skin types. It is advised to use the recommended usage of 2 to 10 % to be on the safer side.