Well, skincare has indeed become a ritual. I mean with the plethora of upsides it brings to the skin and its health, skipping it would amount to a sin. Morning vs night skincare makes a real difference in the skin but more than that it is also about using the right products. I mean, if you don’t know your skin type and the ingredients that exist to work magic on your skin or products to target the skin issues you have, all of it can go awry. Hence, knowing your skin type is the first step or rather a foundation that helps the skincare stand.
Read on to the best and optimum AM and PM skincare routine to achieve your skincare goals seamlessly.
AM Skincare Routine
There’s no denying that fresh and good-looking skin can elevate your confidence and set the tone right for the day. Here is how you can set your morning skincare routine and what you can do:
- Cleanse and Clean: Cleanser has to be the first step in both your PM and AM skincare routine. Always use a face cleanser based on your skin type, massage, and rinse off with lukewarm water.
It helps you get rid of all the impurities from your skin.
- Wash and relax: Now wash your face with a face wash for the additional removal of impurities and exfoliation of the top layer of the skin.
- Set the TONER right: Apply a toner to your face with the help of a cotton pad and mainly target the T zone.
It will prepare your face for the application of the following products.
- Serum that up: Here comes a step that goes differently for everyone. However, a standard serum that can be used is Hyaluronic acid serum for
hydration. Some use niacinamide to reduce the pores. However, the usage of serum depends on the issue you are targeting.
An ideal serum in the AM skincare routine would be Vitamin C. Its antioxidant properties brighten the skin and provide protection under harmful UV rays.
- Moisturise and how: Take a generous amount of face moisturizer and apply it all over your face and neck. Remember to use a moisturizer as per your skin type. A moisturizer can be effective only when it targets your dry skin type properly.
- Scream Sunscreen: The most important step that you have to layer and top off your morning skin care routine is sunscreen. Apply a generous amount of sunscreen on your face, neck, hands, and other exposed areas of your body, and ensure to reapply every 4 to 5 hours. It is a non-negotiable step in the morning skin care routine.
PM Skincare Routine
PM skincare routine is as same as the morning skin care routine, however here’s what you can add and remove:
- Remove: Use a gentle makeup remover or cleansing oil to remove your makeup or sunscreen and other impurities from the skin.
- Double Cleanse: Now wash your face with a cleanser. Double cleansing will ensure your skin does not have any of the impurities left behind.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation simply means to remove dead skin cells from the skin and also clear out clogged pores to prevent skin conditions like acne, blackheads, whiteheads, etc.
Do not exfoliate more than twice a week.
- Tone out: Apply toner to hydrate your skin and maintain its pH levels.
- Serums: This step calls for targeted face serums for a skin issue or otherwise. Serums with active ingredients like retinol, glycolic acid, etc, are ideal to use in PM skincare routine.
- Eye Cream: That delicate area on the face requires extra attention and care given the amount of stress it goes through every day. Apply a nice hydrating eye cream to the under-eye area.
Moisturize and glow: Layer it all off with a moisturizer. Use a moisturizer that will provide intense hydration so that you wake up to flawless skin.
Morning vs Night Skincare Routine
A morning vs night skincare differs in just a parameter of protection and repair.
Your AM skincare routine must include products protecting from the sun and other external environmental factors. It should be all about protection.
Whereas PM skincare routine caters to specific skin issues. It is the best and ideal time to apply products with active ingredients that are vulnerable to sunlight. The night skincare routine is all about renewal and repair.
Now that you are thoroughly aware of the skin care routine steps AM and PM, the next thing you would do is look for products. But, I’ve got you covered with this as well. CosIQiss is a shark-tank-approved intelligent skincare brand that has taken the internet by storm. Every product has created a loyal customer base and has been helping people with chronic skin conditions they had been trying to get rid of. You can also avail of their free consultation services with a skincare expert who can address your skin care needs and curate a list of products you can use to achieve your skincare goals.
Thank me later!